Isolated Sphenoid Sinusitis – Possible Cause of Headache and Severe Complications
Authors: P. Schalek, A. Hahn, P. Kalvach
Authors - sphere of activity: 3. LF UK a FN Královské Vinohrady, Praha: 1ORL klinika, 2 Neurologická klinika
Article: Cesk Slov Neurol N 2012; 75/108(4): 477-479
Category: Short Communication
Number of articles displayed: 249x
Isolated sphenoid sinusitis is rather a rare disease; its incidence is reported to be between 1–2.7% of all cases of sinusitis. Inflammatory involvement of the anatomical structures immediately adjacent to the sphenoid sinus represents a risk of serious complications that can lead to serious disability or even death. The International Headache Society’s criteria clearly define headache that might be attributed to rhinosinusitis. However, the isolated sphenoid sinusitis stands somewhat out of the criteria and headache is its most typical symptom. We present a retrospective analysis of six patients with an isolated inflammatory process of the sphenoid sinus treated at the ENT Clinic, University Hospital Kralovske Vinohrady over the last four years.
sphenoid sinus – rhinosinusitis – headache – migraine
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
SubscriptionSubscribe the Journal
The subscription grants you full access to all the articles.
Issue No.: 3 / 2013
- Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease | views: 125
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia 7 – a Case Report | views: 58
- Electrophysiological Examination of the Pelvic Floor | views: 48
- Ultrasound-guided Brain Cavernoma Surgery | views: 43
- Differences in the Modulation of Cortical Activity in Patients Suffering from Upper Arm Spasticity Following Stroke and Treated with Botulinum Toxin A | views: 34
- Torticollis at Grisel’s Syndrome – Case Reports | views: 30
- Significance and Limitations of Visual Evoked Potentials in the Study of Pathophysiology of Migraine | views: 24
- Evaluation of Epidemiological Stroke Data from the IKTA Register. Stroke Incidence in the Zlin District | views: 24
- X-adrenoleukodystrophy | views: 24
- The Role of a Neurootologist in Identification of Post-radiation Complications in Patients with Vestibular Schwannoma Treated with Leksell Gamma Knife | views: 19