The Algorithm of CSF Examination according to the Reccomendation of the Committee of CSF and Neuroimmunology of the Czech Neurological Society
Authors: O. Sobek, P. Adam, M. Koudelková, P. Štourač, J. Mareš
Authors - sphere of activity: 1 Laboratoř pro likvorologii a neuroimunologii (Akreditovaná laboratoř ČIA dle ČSN EN ISO 15189, Expertní pracoviště SEKK pro ČR a SR), 2 Neurologická klinika 3. LF UK a FN Královské Vinohrady, Praha, 3 Neurologické odd. ÚVN v Praze, 4 Neurologická klinika LF MU a FN Brno, 5 Neurologická klinika LF UP a FN Olomouc
Article: Cesk Slov Neurol N 2012; 75/108(2): 159-163
Category: Review Article
Number of articles displayed: 467x
An overview of available assays of cerebrospinal fluid is presented, including those used in routine laboratory practice as well as specialized laboratory parameters. The portfolio of techniques is divided into two subgroups as per the Neuroimmunology and CSF Section of the Czech Neurological Society guidelines. These recommendations are based primarily on the guidelines issued by EFNS. The basic panel is intended for the type I CSF laboratories, the complete specialized assessment should be provided by type II super-consultation laboratories. Brief indication criteria and pre-analytical requirements for the individual methods are also presented.
cerebrospinal fluid – cytology – proteinogram – immunoglobulins – isoelectric focusing – antibodies – cytokines – PCR
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
Tento článek si můžete přečíst pokud si aktivujete Premium účet.
SubscriptionSubscribe the Journal
The subscription grants you full access to all the articles.
Issue No.: 2 / 2013
- Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease | views: 121
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia 7 – a Case Report | views: 56
- Electrophysiological Examination of the Pelvic Floor | views: 44
- Ultrasound-guided Brain Cavernoma Surgery | views: 42
- Differences in the Modulation of Cortical Activity in Patients Suffering from Upper Arm Spasticity Following Stroke and Treated with Botulinum Toxin A | views: 34
- Torticollis at Grisel’s Syndrome – Case Reports | views: 27
- X-adrenoleukodystrophy | views: 24
- Significance and Limitations of Visual Evoked Potentials in the Study of Pathophysiology of Migraine | views: 23
- Evaluation of Epidemiological Stroke Data from the IKTA Register. Stroke Incidence in the Zlin District | views: 23
- The Role of a Neurootologist in Identification of Post-radiation Complications in Patients with Vestibular Schwannoma Treated with Leksell Gamma Knife | views: 18