Therapeutic Options for Prevention of Cerebrovascular Events in Patients with Carotid Stump Syndrome – Case Studies
Authors: T. Hrbáč, J. Krajča,
Authors - sphere of activity: FN Ostrava: 1 Neurochirurgická klinika, 2 Radiologická klinika, 3 Neurologická klinika LF OU
Article: Cesk Slov Neurol N 2012; 75/108(2): 233-236
Category: Case Report
Number of articles displayed: 413x
Carotid stump syndrome, or the blind stump of the internal carotid artery, is a relatively sparsely mentioned nosological entity causing 2–3% of thromboembolic strokes. The occluded internal carotid artery stump is the source of thrombi. The diagnosis may by made with ultrasound, CT and DSA. Therapy can be conservative, surgical or endovascular. Both interventional procedures are presented in case reports – a surgical plasty of the blind stump of the internal carotid artery and percutaneous transluminal angioplasty with a stent implantation into the parting of the external carotid artery.
carotid stump syndrome – stroke – carotid artery – surgery – percutaneous transluminal angioplasty
The full wording of this article is available only to registered users. Plese register and you can read this article immediately.
If you are a subscriber, log in and enter the subscriber code from your magazine cover.
If you are not a subscriber, log in for unlimited access to older editions.
SubscriptionSubscribe the Journal
The subscription grants you full access to all the articles.
Issue No.: 3 / 2013
- Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease | views: 173
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia 7 – a Case Report | views: 107
- Cerebral Collateral Circulation – Potential Target for Cerebral Infarction Management | views: 85
- Electrophysiological Examination of the Pelvic Floor | views: 68
- Ultrasound-guided Brain Cavernoma Surgery | views: 60
- Mechanisms of Spasticity and its Assessment | views: 58
- Extracranially Metastasizing Meningiomas | views: 57
- Torticollis at Grisel’s Syndrome – Case Reports | views: 54
- Differences in the Modulation of Cortical Activity in Patients Suffering from Upper Arm Spasticity Following Stroke and Treated with Botulinum Toxin A | views: 52
- Multiple Sclerosis – a Role of Regulatory T Cells in the Pathogenesis and Biological Treatment of the Disease | views: 40