Profile of the Journal
The Czech and Slovak Neurology and Neurosurgery is a medical journal with a record that is unprecedented within the European context.
The periodical is being issued since 1938 (originally as The Czechoslovakian Neurology and Psychiatry). The predecessor journal entitled Revue of Neurology, Psychiatry, Physical and Dietetic Therapy was first published in 1904. Consequently, we use double numbering of volumes (74/107 in 2011).
The Czech and Slovak Neurology and Neurosurgery is the official journal of five Czech and Slovak expert societies: the Czech Neurological Society, Slovak Neurological Society, Czech Neurosurgical Society, Slovak Neurosurgical Society and the Czech Society of Paediatric Neurology.
The journal is intended for all physicians interested in neuroscience, practical or theoretical. The journal also provides useful information for neurologists, neurosurgeons, physiotherapists, psychiatrists, radiologists, anaesthesiologists, surgeons as well as theoretical neuroscientists involved in basic research.
The journal publishes original practice-based as well as basic research-focused neurological and neurosurgical papers, brief communications and case studies, all vigorously peer-reviewed, as well as review papers, commentaries, diagnostic and treatment standards and various thematic series (minimonographs with a knowledge test, statistical or web insights).
The impact factor, measurable continuously since 1997, also reflects the quality of the journal (IF 2011 = 0,279).
The journal is indexed in the Index Copernicus, EMBASE/Excerpta Medica Bibliographia Medica Čechoslovaca and the Scopus.
Journal abbreviation: Cesk Slov Neurol N
Journal language: Czech, Slovak, English
Print ISSN: 1210-7859
Online ISSN: 1802-4041
SubscriptionSubscribe the Journal
The subscription grants you full access to all the articles.
Issue No.: 3 / 2013
- Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease | views: 177
- Spinocerebellar Ataxia 7 – a Case Report | views: 110
- Cerebral Collateral Circulation – Potential Target for Cerebral Infarction Management | views: 88
- Electrophysiological Examination of the Pelvic Floor | views: 69
- Mechanisms of Spasticity and its Assessment | views: 62
- Ultrasound-guided Brain Cavernoma Surgery | views: 60
- Extracranially Metastasizing Meningiomas | views: 58
- Torticollis at Grisel’s Syndrome – Case Reports | views: 56
- Differences in the Modulation of Cortical Activity in Patients Suffering from Upper Arm Spasticity Following Stroke and Treated with Botulinum Toxin A | views: 52
- Multiple Sclerosis – a Role of Regulatory T Cells in the Pathogenesis and Biological Treatment of the Disease | views: 41