1. Turner JA, Sears JM, Loeser JD. Programmable intrathecal opioid delivery systems for chronic noncancer pain: a systematic review of effectiveness and complications. Clin J Pain 2007; 23(2): 180–195.
2. Coffey RJ, Burchiel K. Inflammatory mass lesions associated with intrathecal drug infusion catheters: report and observations on 41 patients. Neurosurgery 2002; 50(1): 78–86.
3. Deer TR. A prospective analysis of intrathecal granuloma in chronic pain patients: a review of the literature and report of a surveillance study. Pain Physician 2004; 7(2): 225–228.
4. Allen JW, Horais KA, Tozier NA, Wegner K, Corbeil JA, Mattrey RF et al. Time course and role of morphine dose and concentration in intrathecal granuloma formation in dogs: a combined magnetic resonance imaging and histopathology investigation. Anesthesiology 2006; 105(3): 581–589.
5. Deer TR, Krames ES, Hassenbusch S, Burton A, Caraway D, Dupen S et al. Management of intrathecal catheter-tip inflammatory masses: an updated 2007 consensus statement from an expert panel. Neuromodulation 2008; 11(2): 77–91.
6. Deer TR, Raso LJ, Garten TG. Inflammatory mass of an intrathecal catheter in patients receiving baclofen as a sole agent: a report of two cases and a review of the identification and treatment of the complication. Pain Med 2007; 8(3): 259–262.
7. Stetkarova I, Yablon SA, Kofler M, Stokic DS. Procedure- and device-related complications of intrathecal baclofen administration for management of adult muscle hypertonia: a review. Neurorehabil Neural Repair 2010; 24(7): 609–619.
8. Follett KA. Intrathecal analgesia and catheter-tip inflammatory masses. Anesthesiology 2003; 99(1): 5–6.
9. Yaksh TL, Hassenbusch S, Burchiel K, Hildebrand KR, Page LM, Coffey RJ. Inflammatory masses associated with intrathecal drug infusion: a review of preclinical evidence and human data. Pain Med 2002; 3(4): 300–312.
10. Zacest AC, Carlson JD, Nemecek A, Burchiel KJ. Surgical management of spinal catheter granulomas: operative nuances and review of the surgical literature. Neurosurgery 2009; 65(6): 1161–1164.