1. Raymond T Bartus RT, Weinberg MS, et al. Parkinson’s disease gene therapy: success by design meets failure by efficacy. Mol Ther 2014;22(3):487–97.
2. Freed CR, Greene PE, Breeze RE, et al. Transplantation of embryonic dopamine neurons for severe Parkinson’s disease N Engl J Med 2001;344(10):710–9.
3. Olanow CW, Goetz CG, Kordower JH, et al. A double-blind controlled trial of bilateral fetal nigral transplantation in Parkinson’s disease. Ann Neurol 2003;54(3):403–14.
4. Takahashi K, Yamanaka S. Induction of pluripotent stem cells from mouse embryonic and adult fibroblast cultures by defined factors. Cell 2006;126(4):663–76.
5. Chiou SH, Jiang BH, Yu YL, et al. Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 1 regulates nuclear reprogramming and promotes iPSC generation without c-Myc. J Exp Med 2013;210(1):85–98.
6. Li Y, Chen J, Wang L, et al. Treatment of stroke in rat with intracarotid administration of marrow stromal cells.Neurology 2001;56(12):1666–72.
7. Rafuse VF, Soundararajan P, Leopold C, et al. Neuroprotective properties of cultured neural progenitor cells are associated with the production of sonic hedgehog. Neuroscience 2005;131(4):899–916.
8. Yasuhara T, Matsukawa N, Hara K, et al. Transplantation of human neural stem cells exerts neuroprotection in a rat model of Parkinson’s disease. J Neurosci 2006;26(48):12497–511.